Health problems and mold
For the most part, if you can see or smell mold inside your home or place of business, you need to take steps to identify and eliminate the excess moisture as soon as possible. Mold is a living organism that spreads and becomes more dangerous over time.
How much mold can make you sick? It depends. For some people, a relatively small number of mold spores can trigger an asthma attack or lead to other health problems. For others, symptoms may occur only when exposure levels are much higher. No matter the amount of mold, it is unsanitary and can cause serious health problems to those who are exposed.
Our accurate process for mold testing
At Advanced American, we offer many services to test for mold presence in a home or business setting. We test for mold in the air, take surface samples of suspected mold growth areas for identification, and collect intrusive samples (e.g. wall or ceiling cavity samples) in an attempt to determine the source of mold infestation. If mold is detected, Advanced American offers consulting services aimed at eliminating mold problems in the affected areas.
- Visual Investigations and Causation Inspections
- Source Identification
- Air and Bulk Sampling and Analysis
- Project Design
- Clearance Inspections
Additional reasons for mold testing may include the following:
- A burst pipe or water leak issues may indicate that mold may exist in the air and/or behind walls.
- When mold cannot be seen, but there is an odor. A mold test can reveal whether there is indeed elevated mold.
- To ensure that a previous mold issue has been resolved and mold counts have returned to levels found in normal environments of the same type.
- A patient with a health issue that a doctor cannot pinpoint the cause, but seems to be related to mold symptoms (coughing, sneezing, headaches, etc).
- Real estate transactions for the protection of buyers and sellers.
- Landlord/tenant disputes.
- The protection of employees and employers from mold-related health hazards.
A safe environment with our services
For the most part, if you can see or smell mold inside your home or place of business, you need to take steps to identify and eliminate the excess moisture as soon as possible. Mold is a living organism that spreads and becomes more dangerous over time…
Asbestos is a generic term referring to the unusual crystallization of a group of minerals, inorganic chemicals, with long, extremely strong, heat and chemical resistant fibers. These minerals are all hydrated silicates that, when…
Lead is a highly toxic substance and exposure to it is known to cause a variety of health problems in children. These injuries, which are often irreversible, will affect children throughout their lives and may impede their future success…
Advanced American tests for bacteria such as E-coli, Total Coliform, Enterococcus, and more. Typically, these types of bacteria are found after a black water leak in a bathroom, broken sewer pipe, or septic tanks that…